Each workshop consists of a presentation on the topic, expert-led discussion that will contain practical hands-on advice and guidance, and time for Q&A.To register: first email us at info@InParentis.com to RSVP and then download: Registration Form Fall 2014. Registration form and payment by check must be received one week before the workshop. We’ll send you a confirmation by email
Thursday, Oct. 9, 9-10:15pm
- How can we parent more effectively when we have such different approaches to raising our kids?
- How do we insure that our child doesn’t exploit our differences?
- My spouse seems more devoted to my child than to me. What do we do about this?
- How do we keep our children’s needs from overshadowing our relationship?
Hear about common pitfalls couples encounter. Learn how to integrate and appreciate your different parenting styles and philosophies. Get advice on how to strengthen your connection with each other. $100/couple
Monday, Nov. 3, 6:30-7:45pm
- How can I keep myself sane through these years?
- How many hours should I let my child disappear behind his door?
- What do I do about parties? What about dating?
- What should I do when she is rude or disrespectful?
- How do I get my kid to talk to me?
Tuesday, Dec. 2, 9-10:15am
- How do I set rules and consequences for my teen?
- What are appropriate limits and consequences at this age?
- How do I foster my child’s independence and good judgment and also protect him/her?
- How can I develop a sense of trust in my teenager?
- How do I avoid homework battles?
- How do I help my child navigate socially?
- To punish or not to punish? What kinds of consequences really work?
- How do we prepare our child for transitions (vacations, birth of a sibling, back to school)?
- What should I expect at this age?